I just found this article and would like to share it here because it is a good explanation of what channeling is and explains how I get some of the good stuff. On my own I’m nowhere near smart enough or good enough to come up with most of what I write. Often when I’m in the mood to write about something I come up with a title then just tune in and GO. When I’m finished with an article I started as my own little idea (that would be the title) I look at the finished product and say WOW. I think most writers/artists/musicians/athletes and all who excel at whatever life expression they pursue, work this way at least some of the time but just don’t relate it to channeling. In the zone is how we generally think of it when we are in the process. There have been times that I have been clear enough to drop into a sort of channeled life for a time. It is rather wonderful and amazing things happen in that span of time but so far I always get bumped out of it at some point. I hate when that happens! I hope there will be a time when I/we can stay in that zone but for now I am truly a creature of a 3D world. Sometimes the stuff I come up with is so out of my own realm of knowing I have to say, this was channeled. Mostly though it sounds a lot like me and I don’t feel the need to preface it by saying, hey guys, I didn’t dream this up all by myself. So anyway, here is an explanation of channeling by someone who has been standing up in front of audiences and channeling since 1989 and has lived, through whatever criticism, to tell about it. Not only does it explain a concept that is unfamiliar to many, it’s message of the need for discernment is important.
The information below is free and available for you to print out, copy and distribute as you wish. Its Copyright, however, prohibits sale in any form except by the publisher
From Lee Carroll
I want to take this opportunity to speak of channelling in general. It is often misunderstood as something spooky and weird and I’ll bet you have certain friends that you would never tell.. that you were looking at this web page! Some feel it is evil, and many don’t want anything to do with it. They would rather stick to other information that isn’t channelled (they think).
Channelling Definition: The divine, inspired words (or energy) of God as imparted to Humans by Humans.
The above definition is what channelling actually IS. That means that not only were most of the sacred scriptures of the planet (all religions) channelled originally, but also much artwork and music too! It is absolutely commonplace, but like so many other re-emerging processes in the New Age, it has a stigma about it that is strange. God did not write the Bible… Humans did, while divinely inspired.
We have been used to having “authorized and sanctioned” men and women of God passing information to us… not the common folks. Therefore in this New Age, where the actual basic intent of the New Age Master of Love is beginning to surface (that of self enablement for those other than the priests of the land), we are seeing more and more “common folk” passing on the information of God.
Even in our own culture, we accept the letters from a common man to his friends in several cities in the Holy Land… as the sacred words of God! (This is how much of the New Testament of the Holy Bible was written.) Think about it. That’s channelling!
We believe that God did not stop speaking to humans 2,000 years ago. To think that God stopped communicating is to deny your own divinity, or to assign some special sacredness to the past, not feeling worthy to consider yourself part of God’s continued plan for an enlightened Earth. You are worthy of a continued communication with God… which I teach is actually a part of YOU!
But there is something that comes with channelling….
Anyone can channel, and Spirit is not proprietary in this regard. It’s for all Humans, and not just a few. Therefore the ability and potential exists for this attribute for us all. Like so many other things, INTENT of the human means everything. Not all channelling is given with PURE INTENT. Therefore, some is real, and some is not… and YOU should be able to tell the difference when you HEAR or READ it. Is it really from Spirit?
Many men and women are spouting verbiage these days, calling it inspired… some on web pages just like this. How can you tell if it’s real or not, since there is no organization telling you who is “OK” and who is not? (Aren’t you glad?)
The responsibility of a REAL channel is AWESOME. Sacred, anointed information can change lives! Self-serving egocentric and fearful information can be confusing and actually halt a persons spiritual growth. How can you know the difference? Kryon tells us that we have the power of discernment to know, and that we will even be able to “feel” the difference.
For those of you who are still learning what that feeling is, I have some information that may help. It was published originally in New Realities magazine, July 1987… two years before I began channelling (how appropriate). The article is called “Guidelines for Spiritual Discernment.” Twelve (12) guidelines are shown in the article for the reader to watch for, both negative and positive. I believe this information is accurate, and was developed by enlightened Humans to teach other Humans.
Below I present Seven (7) of the twelve (as also presented in Kryon Book Six, “Partnering With God”).
The next time you sit before a channel or read a transcription, consider these seven items presented below. As you listen to or read the words of a channeller, also try to ask “what is the intent of the human speaking?” Is there any ego or Human agenda? If you detect it… then stop. There cannot be Human ego present for the information to be accurate and true. Spirit demands this of the channeller… I know. I also know from over twelve years of live channeling experience that the message will ALWAYS be filled with love, and not fear. Watch for this!
Do you “recognize” the energy as familiar and feeling like “home?” This is another key. If you don’t, and you can’t identify with the entity or entities that are channelling through the Human, then perhaps you should pass on the message for now. Not all channelling is from an entity. Much of it comes form your own spiritual center. Don’t always try to determine “who” it is, asking for a name or trying to put skin and bones to it. Consider that your core is the Love of God… and is also able to give YOU messages for YOU.
IMPORTANT: Please take a moment to read the “four attributes of love” as presented in chapter one of the Kryon Book – Partnering with God. It will help you to understand an ego-less state… and some of the attributes of pure sacred energy.
Discern for yourself. What is happening? Messages from a human? … or messages from a loving and wise God? I expect and welcome this test for everything I write and speak as a channel for Kryon. It absolutely must stand up every time.
GUIDELINES FOR DISCERNMENT – New Realities Magazine – July 1987
1. There will always be useful information for everyone. Beware of the channel that gives you useful information for only a few, or tells you that it’s only for a special group or a sequestered number. It must be useful for ALL humanity, every single Human. This is an area of discernment allowing you to know you are hearing the truth.
2. The message should be uplifting. Watch for an empowering message – NOT ONE OF FEAR, not one that drags you down – not one that makes you want to take fearful action or hide – but an enabling message! This is a staple of God energy. It must be there. It should inspire the listener and reader. Every recorded angel appearance before a Human Being has begun with “Fear not!”
3. Spirit (God) will never, ever channel a message that asks you to give up your free will. Never! For your free will is what your experience on Earth is all about as you sit in your “chairs of gold” (a metaphor created in Kryon Book Six). Free will! FREE CHOICE is what drives your future.
4. Spirit will never give you a message – ever – that asks you to violate the integrity of what you believe. You are honored in your thought processes. Spirit will never trick you or “talk you” into anything. The message must never violate your integrity. You must feel comfortable with it, and it must ring true to your heart.
5. Spirit will never represent a channeller as being the only source. Watch for this, for there are many channels of Spirit and they all coordinate their information to create a bigger picture, especially in this New Age. They will NEVER represent themselves as the ONLY source of information.
6. Watch for the fact that the information is normally new information. Beware of the channel that simply re-hashes the old, for they are not channelling anything but the ego of the Human Being. New information is necessary. It is the entire reason for the channel. Think about it.
7. Watch for the fact that channelled information should have spiritual solutions presented. Solutions to life challenges on Earth, via new information, is the purpose of channelling.
Offered in Love,